Jan 6, 2008

Upcoming Designs

I have two new designs that I'm getting ready to start painting. One is a dove and blossom design for Jan 11, done in a circle. The other is one that was a customer suggestion (I love that!) - a VW beetle with a peace sign for Jan 18. I'm planning cloth diapers and coordinating hand-dyed tees.
Here are my line drawings...it will be interesting to see how they look after being interpreted in paint.


I say "interpreted" because the paint I use looks different wet and dry. Plus it is semi-opaque, such that the underlying fabric color affects the paint color a bit. Besides trying to re-create the lines of my drawing, I have to guess when I'm mixing colors how the color will end up looking. This partial unpredicatability keeps things exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment