Jan 6, 2009

The Complicating Factor


Originally uploaded by fishnoodles custom cloth diapers
When you're a mom, working from home, you know its going to be challenging. I sometimes think of my little one as the Complicating Factor. When I'm busy at my cutting table and I look down, this is what I see. A little cherub sticking out her tongue and saying "nah!" (Oops, that photo got deleted. Here is the cherub with her play pocket knife, pretending to cut my fabric).
You learn to work with repeated interruptions and somehow, little by little, you get a heck of a lot done. I was surprised to go back and see just how many orders I'd completed since August, when the older kids (aka in-house babysitters and general baby amusers) went back to school, through the end of December. The usual things fell by the wayside, such as a spotless organized house (ha! as if it ever was) and keeping up with posting to my blog.
Nonetheless, in addition to all the customs I completed for Fishnoodles, I stocked at three congos (the Tree of Life, Wonderland, and Bitty Fluff), and put samples in the Spotted Box every month from August to December. January too. That third congo, Bitty Fluff, is one we started up this fall, with the idea of having only newborn fluff and accesories.
I also worked on my new fitted redesign, combining sized diapers in small though x-large into two diapers that each adjust for two size ranges. They are in the final stages of testing and probably stocking in February.
The kids are two days back in school from holiday break, so dear daughter is still a little tired from all the commotion. As soon as she is rested up, though, I expect she'll be back on the job of keeping me remembering what's important.

No comments:

Post a Comment