Apr 30, 2008

Spotlight on BTRT

Beneath the Rowan Tree is the creation of Lori, a mama in Canada with unbelieveable amounts of creative energy. She's got a website, a Hyena Cart, a sucessful Etsy store, and is in two congos (conglomerations of sellers that stock a group store). Her blog is extensive and she's organizing a charity challenge for dyers. She is doing some needle felting (which I confess I don't even know exactly what it is, but she's got step-by-step photos of projects on her blog), toddler crayons and party favors, playsilks, web banner design...and all this is in addition to the main attraction: her fabulous dyed-and-painted children's wear. I've admired her work since she started a year ago, which has been easy to do because she is a genius at marketing and I'm always intruiged to see what she'll be up to next. Somehow, Lori manages to work a day job in addition to all of the above. I have no idea how she does it all, but clearly, she is a person just brimming over with new and original ideas. BTRT is an inspiration to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment