Apr 23, 2008

Dyeing fever has taken hold around here. I recently read one of the best how-to books ever: Ann Johnson's Color by Design lays out all the possible ways you can use dye to color fabric. That's got my creative engines revved so I'm making and stocking more dyed items right now, including some lovely lush bamboo velour:
I had bought the BV yardage some time ago in case I might want to make some fitted diapers but decided not to go that route. So instead I am dyeing it for other sewists to use in their creations.
I'm also continuing to dye paint with resists, now on fabric. In order to have a venue to offer these, I've opened an Etsy store called dyegoods.


Here is a fat quarter that I've called "Camping Guitars." Painting with dyes allows me to be more free than ever before with how I color fabric, and yet at the same time it requires a lot of energy and concentration because every single mark or splash of color shows up on the fabric and there is no way to erase!

1 comment:

  1. Dawn~ your painting on fabric technique is getting wickedly good! Way to go, brave girl!

    ReplyDelete