Mar 7, 2008

Things to come...

I've been doing some experimenting with dye painting. Here are a couple of my test samples...

This is such a fun technique to use! While painting on diaper fabric has to be quite controlled due to how the paint goes on (very sticky, like honey) this is extremely free. Each touch of dye spreads out onto the fabric much like silk painting. It creates a sort of batik effect using waterbased resist. The trick is keeping the watery dye from leaping past the resist lines excessively...I think there is great potential here for some really neat tees. I am planning a betta fish design for 3/28 and this may be just the ticket.

In other news, I'm half done with my website redesign and really liking the new look. It's still not warm so I've got more indoor days to finish it up. Once it warms up I'm going to be outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment