Mar 20, 2008

My kitchen table

My kitchen table is the center of our home. Is it that way at your house, too? An old butcher block table from my grandma is where we eat all our meals together, where the kids play with dough and legos, or dump their backpacks and do homework. I'm constantly wiping it down, because it's where I do all my painting too, oweing to the bright light coming through the south-facing patio doors.












Just yesterday the kitchen table was the place to be for our annual ritual of coloring eggs.












This was the first year for our littlest to get in on the fun, and boy did she enjoy all the colors.
Another nice thing is that it was not a busy weekend day but actually a relaxed weekday. DH is on spring break from teaching this year at the same time as the kids' spring break. Naturally I decided to take a spring break from the sewing machine too! But that doesn't mean I can stay away from color, oh no! I'm continuing to experiment with direct dye painting.
Here is a custom tee I recently did with water-based resist:




The final step was adding a few touches of fabric paint - at the kitchen table, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment