Feb 13, 2008

Want to see my studio?

Here are some pics I took recently:



I feel really fortunate to have such a nice space all to myself! Even though it's just a room off the basement playroom, "finished" in lovely 70s era dark fakewood paneling and a tile over cement floor, with a hodgepodge of castoff tables and other furniture, it's so much better than where I used to work. At our last house, I sewed in an unfinished, unheated basement room next to the washer and dryer. I wore my coat down there in winter but had to stop when my fingers would get numb.
Now I actually have a space I can call a studio. I have my own desk and computer that I don't have to share, a sewing machine table with a cut-out for my machine so I can work on a big flat surface, a dedicated cutting table covered in giant self-healing mats, and a organizing/snap press table. See the lovely sunlight coming in? I even have a window with a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment