Feb 12, 2008

Just stocked something cool...

...in my Etsy store!

Why am I so excited about these? Because they were inches away from becoming a "wadder," yet I saved the project. What's a wadder? A sewing project that goes so disatrously wrong, there's nothing left to do but wad it up and stuff it in the trash. I sketched these semi-geometric bunnies, painted the outline and the facial features onto my favority dotty fabric, and was ready to finish them by putting contrast fabric in the ears. I had all these little ear shapes cut and I was placing them on the bunnies...and the lovely vision in my head was looking crummy in real life. I wasn't sure why and started trying all sorts of different fabrics from my stash for the ears. My hubby walked over amid my fabric snipping frenzy and said, "the fabric makes the ears look top heavy". Of course! He figured out what was wrong in seconds by looking with fresh eyes. I couldn't give up so I put my dear little bunnies away overnight.
Fortunately, the ol' subconscious came through for me: why not paint some little motifs in the ears instead? Voila...now I really like them. Problem solved, project saved. I know that's a lot of angst for a couple of little rabbits, but that's how it goes sometimes when trying to make something original.

No comments:

Post a Comment