Feb 13, 2010

I'm alive :)

So glad to be home from the hospital! Nothing makes you appreciate your family like a major illness - it's been said a thousand times but really is true. I know I need to give myself time to rest and recover. Right now, I don't know when I'll be stocking again but I do know it will be at least 2 weeks (doctors orders) which puts us into March already! I'm really grateful for everyone's kind comments and well wishes.

I'll tell you a bit of what happened with me. I went in Monday morning for a gyn exam - I had been having some problems and the doc decided to do a uterine biopsy there in the office. No biggie, I was fine, but that night started having cramps. By 4 am the pain and chills were so severe I had to ask dh to take me to the ER. It felt like the last stages of labor. They gave me morphine - I didn't know morphine and I don't get along. It made me so nauseated. Later, the next pain med they tried did the same thing, so I was vomiting up everything for a whole day.

The results of all the testing was that the biopsy had, oddly enough, introduced a vicious intestinal bacteria into a nice warm environment where it could grow and try and take me over. I had IV antibiotics for a few days and that brought it under control. I have a couple different antibiotics I'm taking several times a day and other then that I just have to rest. And believe me, not a problem. I am super tired. It's taken me long enough to write this, so I'm off.

Just one more thing - hug those kiddos, they'll pull you through in the worst moments. My husband stopped by the hospital with cards my kids had made, and it was like, wow, they really do miss me :) Take care everyone!

3 comments:

  1. SO sorry you had a rough time, but so glad you are feeling better! You're comment about your kids made my heart smile :) They really are precious! Get rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you are ok. I hope you feel completely better soon.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you were unwell, Dawn! I'll be thinking of you and sending get well vibes. I owe you those pics from the last round of testing,too, and now that I have a home computer again I'll get on that tonight! Take care, don't work too hard, and enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete