Sep 23, 2009

What's up this week

At fishnoodles this week I've been working on stock for my brick-and-mortar retailer. I've also been working on an exciting new project - a one size, snapping, bamboo, turned-and-topstiched fitted. What's so new about that, you say?
Well, it's all about the closure. I've developed a new way to have a snapping diaper that doesn't drown baby in zillions of snaps.
Here's the backstory: about a year ago, I developed a multi-size fitted, but wasn't fond of applying 33 snaps to each diaper - a typical amount for any one-size snapping fitted. I shelved that pattern, though the diaper fit well and had good reviews. But I still wanted to have a bamboo fitted. Over the summer I brought back a closure-free version of that pattern. It's a fine diaper - but it does leave one dealing with pins and snappis. For months I've been thinking there's got to be a better way.
A couple weeks ago I had one of those aha! moments. I think you're going to find this new idea intriguing, maybe even tempting enough to try.
I've got samples out to testers and am working on tweaking the concept. I can't wait to reveal it when it's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment